Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Fall has a very special meaning to me. When I was a kid, it was amazing to learn about the different seasons, and how plants change. I lived to far down south to see the beautiful fall colors. The only thing we got was a bunch of leaves to clean up during winter, and that's it. Later on I moved up north, and lo and behold:
Fall!
It even invaded the canals. Sometimes I wonder how much someone pays for native plants, when they can be outright weeds. Pretty weeds though, which can make all of the difference.
This cypress tree started to change a couple weeks ago. I'm really surprised how long it's taking, because other tees further south look like they're already dead. 
It was funny moving to where I am now, because this was the first tree seeing tree's change in real life. Maybe that's why there so special to me.
 The cypress tree changing a little bit further.
Took a picture before my mother ultimately jump kicks it. She has a thing for kicking mushrooms, mostly because there not the friendliest of fugues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...