All Natural DIY Conditioner

Monday, July 23, 2012


I have a love or hate relationship with my hair. When it wants to be nice, it can be very cooperative. If it doesn’t, I somehow manage to get hair reminiscent of the 80’s. So finding hair care products that work and do not give me a rash is all too important. Switching from one thing to something better was all the norm growing. Then once the perfect conditioner was acquired, it was time to rejoice and party a little. But as luck would have it, things do not always work out as one would like.

My perfect conditioner was giving me a nice rash. Took me awhile to figure it out, but it was a sad day when I did. Luckily in the facebook group I’m in for corn allergies, there was already a discussion about DIY shampoos and conditioners. Thus I knew it could be done, I just had to figure out how. It was time to go on the internet and do some searching. After digging around a bit, and not wanting to actually go out and buy anything extra, I decided to make my own recipe.

All natural DIY conditioner:
  • 1 part Water
  • 1 part Apple Cider Vinegar
  • 1 part Olive Oil
  • Honey (I use around a tablespoon)
  • Essential oils (So you won’t smell like a salad)
Instructions:
  1. Mix ingredients together, and warm up until honey dissolves in the mixture (around 15-20 sec in the microwave).
  2. Apply to hair for a half hour to overnight. The longer the better.
  3. Rinse out thoroughly.
That’s it. Extremely simple if I do say so myself, and last’s around a week or so. My mother and I have different hair types as well, and it works evenly for both of us. Also I do not need a detangler anymore, just water. Plus my hair isn’t frizzing up in these hot summer months.

This recipe can also be individualized. Change out the oil for coconut oil or use less of it. Use different essential oils on a whim. Add extra ingredients. The possibilities are endless. Soon your hair may end up loving you and behave a bit better. And no more rashes to boot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...